K-64 Governing Board
The K-64 governing board is comprised of 12 members representing the private and public sectors and is supported by 8 ex-officio staff representing K-64’s founding partners.
- Establish long-term vision for K-64
- Secure continuous financial support
- Ensure transparency and accountability for use of public funds
- Implement concrete plans with both tangible and timely goals and outcomes
- Direct executive staff hired in conjunction with, and overseen by, K-64 board
- Deliver communication and engagement resulting in continued buy-in by partner organizations and community at large
Larry Aiello, Jr.
K-64 Board Chair. Retired Corning Cable Systems LLC President & CEO
Catawba Valley Community College Board of Trustees
IRS Enrolled Agent/Manager, Rita S. Brittain CPA, PA
Catawba County Board of Education
Executive Director, The Green Room Community Theatre
Catawba County Board of Commissioners
Technology Committee Chair. Director, Global Cable Product Development, Corning Optical Communications
Character Development Committee Chair. Vice President, Communications and Corporate Citizenship, Alex Lee, Inc.
Dr. Bryan Graham
Gunter & Graham, DDS
Hickory Board of Education
Guy Guarino, Jr.
Chief Development Officer, Catawba Valley Medical Center
Assistant Chief Financial Officer, Catawba County
Newton-Conover Board of Education
Workforce Solutions Committee Co-Chair. Senior Vice President, Human Resources, CommScope
Workforce Solutions Committee Co-Chair. CEO, Shurtape Technologies LLC
Catawba County Economic Development Corporation Board of Directors
Travis Von Drehle
Regional Sales Manager, VonDrehle Corporation
Marketing Committee Chair. CEO, Graystone Eye
Catawba County Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
- Dr. Robbie Adell, Superintendent, Hickory Public Schools
- Mick Berry, Catawba County Manager
- Dr. Garrett Hinshaw, President, Catawba Valley Community College
- Lindsay Keisler, President & CEO, Catawba County Chamber of Commerce
- Scott Millar, President, Catawba County Economic Development Corporation
- Aron Gabriel, Superintendent, Newton-Conover City Schools
- Dr. Matthew Stover, Superintendent, Catawba County Schools
- Dr. Fred Whitt, President, Lenoir-Rhyne University
In 2018, commencing in May, the Board will meet every other month on the first Thursday of the month, at 12:00 noon, in Room 1122 of the East Campus of Catawba Valley Community College, 2760 US Highway 70 SE, Hickory.
The Board’s Marketing Committee meets the 4th Thursday of each month, from 3:30 – 5:00 p.m. at Graystone Eye, 2424 Century Place SE, Hickory.
The Board’s Workforce Solutions Committee meets the 1st Tuesday of each month, from 3:30 – 5:00 p.m., at Catawba County Chamber of Commerce, 1055 Southgate Corporate Park SW, Hickory.
The Board’s Character Development Committee meets the 4th Tuesday of every other month at 5:30 p.m., in the large conference room of the East Campus of Catawba Valley Community College, 2760 US Highway 70 SE, Hickory.
Due to the necessity of planning our One-to-World Pilot initiative, the Board’s Technology Meetings will not currently be on a regularly scheduled date and time. Therefore, these meetings will be posted in the Notices Section of this website.
No current meeting notices.