K-64 Governing Board
Governed by a Board of Directors and managed by staff employed by Catawba Valley Community College (CVCC), K-64 is located in CVCC’s Workforce Solutions Complex. K-64 leverages tax dollars, private contributions and grant funds to support program expansion and sustainability. The Catawba Valley Community College Foundation, CVCC’S 501(c) 3 educational foundation, is K-64’s fiscal agent.
The K-64 governing board is comprised of 12 members representing the private and public sectors and is supported by 8 ex-officio staff representing K-64’s founding partners.
- Establish long-term vision for K-64
- Secure continuous financial support
- Ensure transparency and accountability for use of public funds
- Implement concrete plans with both tangible and timely goals and outcomes
- Direct executive staff hired in conjunction with, and overseen by, K-64 board
- Deliver communication and engagement resulting in continued buy-in by partner organizations and community at large
Executive Director, The Green Room Community Theatre
Catawba County Board of Commissioners
President and COO, McCreary Modern, Inc.
Technology Committee Chair. Director, Global Cable Product Development, Corning Optical Communications
K-64 Board Chair, Character Development Committee Chair. Vice President, Communications and Corporate Citizenship, Alex Lee, Inc.
Dr. Bryan Graham
Gunter & Graham, DDS
Hickory Board of Education
Guy Guarino, Jr.
Chief Development Officer, Catawba Valley Medical Center
Assistant Chief Financial Officer, Catawba County
Newton-Conover Board of Education
Workforce Solutions Committee Co-Chair. Senior Vice President, Human Resources, CommScope
Workforce Solutions Committee Co-Chair. CEO, Shurtape Technologies LLC
Catawba County Economic Development Corporation Board of Directors
Family Court Case Coordinator, Catawba County Family Court
Catawba County Board of Education
Chris von Drehle
DevOps Engineer, VonDrehle Corporation
Marketing Committee Chair. CEO, Graystone Eye
Catawba County Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
- Dr. Robbie Adell, Superintendent, Hickory Public Schools
- Mick Berry, Catawba County Manager
- Dr. Garrett Hinshaw, President, Catawba Valley Community College
- Lindsay Keisler, President & CEO, Catawba County Chamber of Commerce
- Scott Millar, President, Catawba County Economic Development Corporation
- Dr. Aron Gabriel, Superintendent, Newton-Conover City Schools
- Dr. Matthew Stover, Superintendent, Catawba County Schools
- Dr. Fred Whitt, President, Lenoir-Rhyne University
In 2018, commencing in May, the Board will meet every other month on the first Thursday of the month, at 12:00 noon, in the Alex Lee/MDI/Lowes Foods Corporate Conference Center in Catawba Valley Community College’s Workforce Solutions Complex, 1980 Startown Road, Hickory.
The Board’s Marketing Committee meets the 4th Thursday of every other month, from 3:30 – 5:00 p.m. in the conference room of CVCC’s Workforce Solutions Complex, 1980 Startown Road, Hickory.
The Board’s Workforce Solutions Committee meets the 4th Monday of each month from 3:30 – 5:00 p.m. in the Alex Lee/MDI/Lowes Foods Corporate Conference Center in Catawba Valley Community College’s Workforce Solutions Complex, 1980 Startown Road, Hickory.
The Board’s Character Development Committee meets the 3rd Tuesday of every other month at 5:30 p.m. in the conference room of CVCC’s Workforce Solutions Complex, 1980 Startown Road, Hickory.
The Board’s Technology Committee meets the 4th Wednesday of each month from 11:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. in the conference room of CVCC’s Workforce Solutions Complex, 1980 Startown Road, Hickory.
The next meeting of the K-64 Governing Board is Thursday, December 5, 2019 from 12:00-1:00 p.m. in the Alex Lee/MDI/Lowes Foods Corporate Conference Room in CVCC’s Workforce Solutions Complex.